Wednesday 9 February 2011

Is it spring already?

I might be getting ahead of myself here, but it feels like it's spring already.

I remember two years ago when it snowed at the beginning of February (and a few years before that it snowed in April), but today I went out without a coat on. (I may have been the only one, though; others were wrapped up in their coats and scarves, looking at me as if I'd just escaped from some sort of institution.) I do like to brave the weather. One of the reasons I get sick more than is normal in the winter is because I refuse to use an umbrella. I don't see the point. When you have a pavement two feet wide with hundreds of people walking down it, all with their umbrellas up, half of them walking backwards and the other half walking sideways, umbrellas just become impractical. Especially when there's a wind. No, I'd rather get rained on.

(Now that I've said this, there'll probably be a blizzard tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment