Thursday 3 February 2011

I keep getting electrocuted

Today has been a productive day for me. It started darkly (yes, darkly: I woke up while it was still dark out), with lots of nose-blowing and determined sniffing. You know when your nose has been blocked for several days and you seem to think that if you inhale hard enough it will miraculously clear itself and then you'll be suddenly cured? Yeah, I did that for about an hour. I think that inhibited breathing ability causes a lack of oxygen to the brain, thus brain cells die, thus we seem to make illogical conclusions about stuff when we're sick. Like that time last year when I was sick, and I thought I'd get better faster if I stood outside in the rain. Suffice to say, it didn't work.

But I refuse to let a minor inconvenience like Snotty Nose Syndrome put a dampner on my mood. Instead, I have been writing all morning and afternoon, and as a result I have nearly finished my first film. Putting aside the fact that the film is only 15 minutes long (give or take an hour), I am majorly impressed with myself. (And just as I wrote that sentence right there, I got electrocuted. By what, I'm not too sure, but if you heard an offended cry, tinged with slight surprise, of "OW!" - yo, that was me.)

...

(It just happened again. Perhaps I should Google 'colds with electrocution-like symptoms'.)

...

Since being electrocuted (twice), I have since forgotten what point I was trying to make. Something to do with it being a productive day? Sure, well we'll see how productive it was after we find out if I manage to escape death-by-electrocution. I've got a film to finish. See you later, bloggees.

P.S. Congratulations if you're still trying to work out how you can take an hour away from 15 minutes. You're an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment