Monday 31 December 2012

2012, I leave you...

2012, I leave you as I left the years that preceded you.

I have not ticked every item on the list I drew up so optimistically 365 days earlier; my life is not full and vibrant, and the things that didn't make sense in 2011 still don't make a lot of sense now. I am not as successful as I had hoped, or as happy as I had promised I would be. 2012, like every other year, ends like this: Mission Unaccomplished.

But I have endured lessons I did not expect to encounter, and I have moved from one place in time to another. I am not the person I was a year ago. I am stronger, wiser and better equipped for the lessons that 2013 has to offer. I am more determined than ever.

So for that, I guess I haven't failed 2012 after all... (Oh, and I survived the Apocalypse.)

No comments:

Post a Comment